Monday, April 2, 2007

Expressing emotions

I have never been very good at expressing emotions. Those that know me would say I am not very good about talking about myself, period. That being said, I have found expressing emotions in a BDSM setting even harder to do. Expressing emotions for me has always seemed like showing your weakness, stripping away your armor and making yourself vulnerable. It seemed to me, to appear weak. Isn't that what men are taught; women are weaker and emotional, men are strong and stoic. So now take that into a BDSM situation where a Dom is expected to be the man's man. There certainly can't be any room for emotions in this environment can there? This is the conflict which exists inside me. I love my sub. She has allowed me to be the Dom I could be, that I wanted to be. She puts up with all the crap along the way, forgiving all the mistakes I make and stays with me. How do I tell her how I feel without sounding like a wimp? How do I show her how much she means to me without changing the nature of our relationship? I want her to know, but I want to remain her Dom, distinct from her husband and all that he provides. I guess all I can do is provide her the very best BDSM relationship I can, with rich and rewarding experiences. Hopefully that will be enough.

No comments: